The XV World Forestry Congress welcomes both stakeholders in the global forest sector and members of the general public who are interested in forests and the environment. To register online, please click on the Register Now button below. The deadlines for the different types of registration are as follows:
- Early bird: 26 August to 30 November 2020
- Late bird: 1 December to 30 April 2021
- On-site: 20 May to 28 May 2021
For an online group registration, a single account can be used to pay the registration fee of more than one person. Please refer to the procedure below and contact the support team for inquiries regarding online registration (email@example.com)
2. Registration Procedure
3. Registration Fee
- Discounts are offered to participants from low- and lower-middle-income countries based on their nationality (please click here for the latest income classification of countries as published by the World Bank).
- Online registration payments should be made by credit/debit card (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club, JCB and AMEX) only. If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All payments should be made in Korean currency (KRW) and no VAT applies. All registration deadlines are Korea Standard Time.
|Registration Category||Early Bird||Late Bird||On-site|
|26 August – 30 November 2020||1 December – 30 April 2021||20 May - 28 May 2021|
|Full Standard||Full access, high- and upper-middle-income countries||KRW 510,000||KRW 850,000||KRW 940,000|
|Full Special||Full access, low- and lower-middle-income countries||KRW 320,000||KRW 550,000||KRW 610,000|
|Partial Standard||Up to 3 days, high- and upper-middle-income countries||KRW 340,000||KRW 560,000||KRW 620,000|
|Partial Special||Up to 3 days, low- and lower-middle-income countries||KRW 220,000||KRW 370,000||KRW 400,000|
|Student / Retiree||Students and retirees, all countries||KRW 200,000||KRW 340,000||KRW 380,000|
|Companion||Companions of participants||KRW 120,000||KRW 210,000||KRW 230,000|
|Day Pass (One day only)|
|Student living in Korea||One-day access for students living in Korea||KRW 20,000||KRW 20,000||KRW 30,000|
|Participants living in Korea||One-day access for participants living in Korea||KRW 40,000||KRW 40,000||KRW 50,000|
|Participants living outside of Korea||One-day access for participants living outside of Korea||KRW 180,000||KRW 220,000||KRW 240,000|
* Any category of registration shown above includes access to the pre-congress events
4. Benefits by Registration Category
|Category||Registration Kit||Session access||Welcome Reception||Side events||Exhibition||Transportation between official hotels and venues|
|Student / Retiree||V||V||V||V||V||V|
* Please note that the registration fee does not cover the closing dinner.
You can sign up for the closing dinner after completing your registration. Due to the limited number of seats, availability will be on a first come, first served basis.
|27 May 2021||TBD||KRW 100,000|
Donation for participants from low-income countries
WFC 2021 seeks to support participation from low-income countries by providing financial assistance to those who would otherwise be unable to participate due to financial constraints. WFC 2021 invites you to contribute to this effort by donating a registration fee to participants from low-income countries. Participants will be able to request financial support for registration by emailing the support team at email@example.com by 30 November 2020 and then the support team will guide them through the application process. Preference will be given to youth and women.
If you wish to donate, please select a category on the Options menu and make the corresponding payment in addition to your registration fee.
|Full Special||KRW 320,000|
|Partial Special (3 days max per person)||KRW 220,000|
- Upon registering for the XV World Forestry Congress, you agree to the terms and conditions of registration. Your registration will be complete when you pay the registration fee and receive the confirmation email.
- ※ Only an electronic receipt will be issued for online registration and VAT is not added to the registration fee.
6. Registration and cancellation policy
If you cancel your registration, you will receive a refund in accordance with the criteria specified below. Refunds will be made no later than 30 days after the date of cancellation based on Korea Standard Time (the actual date of refund may vary depending on the policy of your credit card company).
a. Cancellation for personal reasons
If you wish to cancel your registration due to personal reasons, please fill in a cancellation form (click here to download) and email it to the registration support team (firstname.lastname@example.org). The refund criteria are as follows:
Our refund policy for cancellation is as follows:
By 1 March 2021
(84 days before the start of WFC 2021)
Full refund minus administration fee
(4.4% of the registration fee or lower)
2 March - 30 April 2021
(24-83 days before the start of WFC 2021)
1 May 2021 or later
(23 days before the start of WFC 2021 or later, or in case of a no-show)
b. Cancellation due to COVID-19
If you cannot attend WFC 2021 because you are denied departure/entry or isolated during the quarantine process, test positive for COVID-19, or are involved in related matters, please email a cancellation form (click here to download) and supporting documents to the support team (email@example.com) for a full refund.
c. Visa Denial
If you are unable to attend WFC 2021 due to a visa denial beyond your control, please email a cancellation form (click here to download) and supporting documents to the support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a refund minus the administration fee (4.4% of the registration fee or lower).
If your registration is completed by 25 March 2021 (by 23:59 Korea Standard Time, 60 days before the start of WFC 2021) but your visa is denied afterwards, please contact the registration support team via email (email@example.com) before the start of WFC 2021 (by 30 April 2021) for a refund minus the administration fee (4.4% of the registration fee or lower).
For a refund, you are required to scan and attach the visa denial document. If your registration is completed on 26 March 2021 (from 00:01 Korea Standard Time) or later but your visa is denied afterwards, a refund will be made in accordance with this Cancellation and Refund Policy (specifically, section a) ‘Cancellation for personal reasons’). Please click here for detailed information on visa issues.
7. Invitation Letter for Visa Issuance
If you need a visa to attend WFC 2021, please submit your visa application in advance based on your travel plan. An invitation letter for visa issuance may be offered only after your online registration and corresponding payment are confirmed. Please note that it is not possible to contact or intervene with embassy or consulate offices on your behalf.
9. Data Protection
Registrants are deemed to agree that the registration support team may process their personal information for registration and management purposes and send them information on WFC 2021. Registration is not completed if mandatory fields are not entered, and the registrant can access and correct their personal data. Please contact the registration support team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for such access and corrections.
Participants are advised to take out a travel insurance policy individually.
11. Limitation of Liability
- a. Registration fees will be charged in accordance with the registration guidelines published. Participants will not be compensated for a registration fee charged due to errors entered by the participant. Please make sure to enter the correct information during registration.
- b. The host country reserves the right to change programmes or cancel or postpone meetings in the event of the natural disasters, acts of God, wars, terrorist acts, or omission. In the event of the cancellation or postponement of WFC 2021, the host country’s responsibility is limited to the refunding in full, the registration fees paid. All registrants will be notified of any such cancellation or postponement via the email accounts specified on their registration forms. The host country strongly recommends that all registrants be personally insured against potential losses arising from their inability to attend WFC 2021 due to postponement, cancellation, or other reasons.
- c. The host country will not compensate participants for personal damage, expenses, or losses if WFC 2021 is cancelled or its time or place is changed due to force majeure events beyond the host country’s control such as natural disasters, acts of God, wars, terrorist acts, or act or omission. Registration fees paid through the WFC 2021 official website and payments made for reserving official hotels will be refunded in accordance with WFC 2021 refund policy, and the host country will not be liable for any other damage, expenses, or losses suffered by participants.
- d. The host country will not take responsibility for the death, injuries, damage, losses, costs, or expenses of participants, their companions, their caregivers, etc., and in particular, losses suffered due to the provision, or lack thereof, of services by hotels or transportation companies.
12. Media Accreditation Media Accreditation Form
WFC 2021 welcomes the attendance of and coverage by journalists and photographers from print and online media outlets, TV and radio stations, and news agencies.
There is no registration fee for accredited media.
For advanced accreditation and participation in WFC 2021, members of the press are required to complete the media accreditation form and send it for approval to WFCemail@example.com with ‘Media Accreditation’ in the subject line. Registration will be completed after verification of all documents submitted. Additional documentation may be requested for further clarification.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application by the World Forestry Congress team in due course.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to seeing you in Seoul.
Documents required for Media Accreditation
- A valid press card or an official coverage request from the journalist’s media outlet signed by the editor-in-chief
- A copy of a valid photo ID (passport, driving license, etc.)
Please contact the registration support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for inquiries on other registration-related matters.